Design and Construction Progress

Today the Design and Construction team met to finish building the circuit and see if the Arduino code and circuit work correctly. After building the circuit, we used code from the Arduino Frequency Detection Instructable to see if the circuit was picking up the frequency and outputting it to the serial monitor correctly.

At first, our output was reading as “inf hz” which we believe meant that there was a loose connection or the variable resistor needed to be adjusted.

After rewiring our circuit and adjusting the variable resistor, we started seeing various frequencies as our output, but when attempting to test it with the audio file, we did not have the correct output frequencies. The output would also occasionally stop, which may be the result of loose connections.

We did not get consistent, correct output frequencies, but the circuit was at least collecting data and outputting it. We will need to determine the cause of the issues and fix it. We also discussed using an oscilloscope or the Analog Discovery and Waveforms software to look at our input signal to gain a better understanding of the issues we are experiencing.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s